Wednesday, October 22, 2008

1.  The article has three main points: the goal is for shoppers to walk farther into the store, stores need to promote themselves through the environment and the self-image they give off, and design based on the people.  In order for shoppers to walk deeper onto stores, and therefore buy more products, the store needs to have the right environment for its customers: comfort and a self-image that each particular store gives off.  Stores also need to be designed for the customer: natural designed for people walking on the right side of the mall and necessities in back with impulse items in the front.

2.  A store's design plays a large role in how I view it.  If I'm walking in a mall and I see a store with music I like and an environment that is pleasing to me, there is a much better chance of me walking into that store over a boring store.  If stores want to attract customers they need to be design friendly and their environment needs to reflect the customer they wish to target.

3.  My analyzing checklist for a retail store:
1) Design.  Does the store design for the customer first?
2) Environment.  Does the stores environment reflect the audience it wishes to target?
3) Gender Gap.  Is the store conscience of the fact that women tend to have more patience                                        while shopping than men?
 

No comments: