Sunday, October 19, 2008

Monday October 20, 2008

1.  Packaging gives the consumer its first glimpse and instincts toward a product.  When it comes to things like shampoo and items bought over-the-counter, the packaging is the primary component of Visceral Design.  One situation I can think of when the packaging motivated me to buy a product was when I considered a new brand of deodorant.  I was at CVS looking over the deodorant aisle and the Adidas deodorant caught my eye because of its sleek black packaging.  I ended up buying the deodorant, knowing nothing about how well the product worked.

2.  Other products with ionic packaging include: nike shoe boxes with there orange and brown box, Pantene Pro-V conditioner with its white bottle and Plochman's mustard with its barrel-shaped yellow bottle.

3.  Sometimes packaging contains too much wrapping and material.  Other times packaging is far too difficult too open.  A situation I can think of that brings both of these issues together is my old CD player.  The packaging was like trying to break through the Great Wall of China and it had tons of wrapping and unneeded plastic which wastes our planet's resources.  

No comments: